Search Engine Optimization can be one of the most cost-effective ways of marketing your business, but it can also be the biggest budget and time suck if you don’t focus on two things: Your goals and your customers.
- Why do customers call on you?
- How do you customers take better care of their xxx (product, bodies, relationships)
- Are there items in the news that you address?
- Rank reports for key word combinations that your customers would search for…are they moving up or down.
- Google-ing the company name, offerings, and executive names to assure they are in the top results
- Look at Google analytics for reduced bounce rates and an increase in visitors, new traffic or converting traffic (people who click certain links)
- The 5 minute DIY web site audit (marketburst.tumblr.com)
- Taming the beast. Ten tips for building social media strategy. (marketburst.tumblr.com)