We receive numerous requests for website scans and analyses from individuals and businesses looking to improve their online presence. While we have access to several licensed tools that can provide in-depth analyses, we understand that not everyone has the budget to invest in expensive SEO tools. This is why we’ve compiled a list of ten free SEO tools available. These tools can help you optimize your website for search engines, improve your online visibility, and ultimately drive more traffic to your website.
Whether a beginner or an experienced SEO professional, these tools can help you start your website optimization efforts without breaking the bank. Let’s look at some of the best free SEO tools for 2023!
- Google Analytics: This one may not be obvious to some, but if you are going to target Google for your search rankings, start with the one built for that purpose. Google Analytics is a free website analytics tool that provides insights into website traffic, user behavior, and engagement. Visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/ for more information. Bing has its own version as well.
- Google Search Console: This free tool from Google allows you to monitor your website’s search performance, identify technical issues, and optimize your content for search engines. Visit https://search.google.com/search-console/about for more information on this tool.
- Ahrefs Backlink Checker: This is a free tool that allows you to check the backlinks of any website, including your own. Here is the link to this handy tool: https://ahrefs.com/backlink-checker
- SEO Site Scanner: With this tool, you can scan your site for issues related to site speed, navigation, structure, broken links, and other factors that can affect your ranking. Visit www.seositescanner.com to take the scan.
- Moz Local Listing Score: This free tool helps you see how your business appears across local search engines and directories. Visit https://moz.com/products/local/check-listing for this scoring tool. You can also check out tools by advice local and bright local, but there are limits to their scanning tools.
- SEMrush: While not totally free, this freemium tool allows you to perform keyword research, track your website’s rankings, and analyze your competitors’ SEO strategies. Use this tool here: https://www.semrush.com/
- AnswerThePublic: This free keyword research tool helps you find long-tail keywords and questions related to your topic. https://answerthepublic.com/ . Another good one, called https://alsoasked.com/, will also help with questions and keywords people are searching for.
- Ubersuggest: This free tool provides keyword ideas, content suggestions, and backlink data. https://app.neilpatel.com/en/ubersuggest/
- Google PageSpeed Insights: This free tool allows you to test the speed and performance of your website on desktop and mobile devices. A bit more technical, but this is one of the most important tools in your toolbox because this not only affects search results but the user experience. Try it out here: https://pagespeed.web.dev/.
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider: This free tool crawls your website and provides insights into technical SEO issues such as broken links, duplicate content, and missing meta tags.
A couple of other tools we like:
Schema Markup Generator: (https://technicalseo.com/tools/schema-markup-generator/) helps search engines better understand your content. It also powers rich snippets, which often have higher click-through rates than “regular” search results.
Hunter.io (Hunter.io) allows you to find anyone’s professional email address. Just enter the domain of the email address you’re looking for, and the tool will show you the email address it found.
Don’t forget that on-site tools, like Yoast and RankMath, are popular SEO plugins for WordPress that help you optimize your website’s content for search engines and social media. If you are not running WordPress for your site, there are others.
While these free SEO tools can be incredibly helpful in identifying areas for improvement on your website, implementing the necessary changes can be time-consuming and complex. It can be challenging to balance the day-to-day operations of your business with the ongoing task of improving your website’s search rankings and generating leads. That’s where a specialized agency like MarketBurst can help. Our team of SEO experts can take the lead on your website optimization efforts, allowing you to focus on what you do best – running your business.
Contact our team today to implement an SEO strategy that generates results.